Here are the updated rules for housemates living in the Celebrity Big Brother house. All contestants are given a copy of these before entering the house, and are also able to refer to them in the Welcome Pack – which is left in the BB house for participants to read through during their time as a housemate.
There are twelve basic rules regarding life inside the Big Brother House. They are set out in their simplest terms below. Details regarding the rules are set out in more detail later in the document. In agreeing to take part in Big Brother you agree to abide by the rules.
1. There is no contact with the outside world. This includes the internet, newspapers, phone calls and conversations with anyone outside the House except for Big Brother.
2. You are filmed 24 hours a day and must wear your personal microphones at all times.
3. The Diary Room is the only place in the House where Big Brother will engage in a conversation with you. Visits to the Diary Room are compulsory.
4. When requested you will be required to go to the Diary Room and nominate – you must give frank and honest reasons for your nominations. You are not permitted to discuss your nominations or try to influence anyone else’s nominations.
5. The public will decide who is evicted.
6. You must not threaten or use physical violence towards any other Housemate.
7. Big Brother will intervene and may remove you from the House if you break the rules, threaten or use physical violence, or behave in an unacceptable way that could cause serious offence to any other Housemate or to the viewing public.
8. All tasks are compulsory.
9. You may not move any of the furniture, or tamper with any of the fixtures and fittings.
10. You must get up whenever you hear the alarm.
11. You may not discuss any previous series of Big Brother or Celebrity Big Brother or Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack. You may not discuss any members of the Production.
12. Big Brother reserves the right to change the rules at any time.